On the heels of our recent upcycled succulent project from ecofabulous contributor Kim Foren comes another gorgeous DIY display. In her new 5,000 sq. ft. space in Portland (literally a flower heaven!), Kim installed a series of stunning chandeliers made from old bottles. Using a simple hanging bulb light fixture and a handful of used glass bottl... Read More.
- Your Healthiest You: Robyn ... Editor's Note: As the summer heats up and produce ripens, it's hard to resist scouring local farmers markets or harvesting prize tomatoes from your own backyard garden. We're always ...
- Earth Week at eBay: Support... To celebrate Earth Month at eBay, we were excited to work closely with our friends at The Sierra Club Foundation to promote re-use, keep perfectly good items out of the landfill, and help...
- A Greener Valentine: Get In... As Feburary 14th nears, we’re suddenly surrounded by aisles filled with red and pink products, each promising to communicate just how much we care for our loved ones. And love them we do....
Green Team Talks
Many of us imagine retirement as a time to hit the golf course and take up new hobbies – or embrace the ones we never fully explored. For high school sweethearts Glenn and Rebecca Fadner, they saw it as an opportunity to give back and do something meaningful. With careers in IT and education, few may have guessed they would end up starting their... Read More.
One easy way to start conserving water is to take stock of how much water you need vs. how much you use every day. Now we’re not proposing that you stop showering or install a composting toilet (although if you're up for it, more power to you!). Instead, we’re here to give you 10 easy but effective water conservation tips you can use to signific... Read More.
Ask the Community
Green Team members help each other on their search for greener, environmentally friendly products.
- As a seller and an eBay Account manager, I would like to know of some affordable alternatives to packing peanuts for sellers that ship over 100 packages a week.
- Does a metal fire pit contribute to air pollution or create more harmful smoke than other fire pits made of brick, stone or other more natural materials?
- Anyone have a good recommendation for a good organic restaurant in Salt Lake City, Utah?
- as a seller who recently added quite a few lines of Fair Trade items in the hopes of consideration on the now vaporized world of good by eBay site (if you search it brings you here to eBay green), i am wondering the advantage to being a green member?????
- Buyers should be able to rate sellers on how environmentally-friendly their packaging is under detailed seller ratings. For instance, today I received an item that could have easily been put in a padded envelope. Instead, it was packed in a large box ful
- Can power cords and other peripheral cords be recycled?
Most recent responses:
We recycle the shred from our shredder. We have a shredder that cross cuts so there is no way yo...
As a seller that ships over 100 packages a week and made the switch from peanuts to something mor...
Small recyclable paper bags
I would ship with FedEx and join their shipping services and you also get shipping discounts for ...